Bean and Rice Salad
photo by Yankiwi
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels (I sometimes use canned)
- 4 -5 chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In large bowl mix rice, beans corn, green onion, and jalapenos.
- In small bowl mix remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Toss together and let stand at room temperature 4 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great make-ahead dish for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. I added a cup of halved cherry tomatoes which I found in another bean and rice recipe, they added color and extra flavor. This salad will last my husband and myself for four days and will definitely go into my lunch recipe rotation.
Wow! What a wonderful medley of flavors - sweet/sour/hot/smokey! I made it exactly as written, doubling everything to give me a BIG batch for a potluck. Good thing I made a bunch because my "sample" turned into a bowl full ;-) Will absolutely save this one to my "must make again" list. Thanks so much for sharing this incredible recipe!