BBQ Shrimp and Cheese Grits - Yum!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup half & half light cream
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine (more cloves if you love garlic)
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used more)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Bring water, half and half, 1 teaspoon butter, salt, pepper to a low boil. Add grits, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 5-7 minutes until grits are thickened.
- Combine ketchup, honey, lemon juice, and hot pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in the rest of the butter until transulent. Add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute till pink. Be careful not to overcook or they'll be tough.
- When grits are thickend, add cheese to them. Taste and add salt, pepper if needed. If grits become to thick add a little water or milk.
- Add ketchup mixture to the shrimp and just heat through.
- Serve shrimp over grits.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a high school math teacher who loves to cook. But the funny thing is, you'd think being a math teacher I would be fantic about following recipes (exact measurements and stuff) but in reality I'm totally opposite. My husband says I can't follow a recipe at all. I'm always tweaking it to our taste and I rarely measure anything. I have 2 small children and I hope I can give them a love for food and cooking! I am enjoying the Zaar alot.