Bbq Potato With Onion & Garlic
Easy recipe and comes out with a wonderful flavor. Use Baking Potatoes for this recipe. I like to put extra onions around the potatoes as it is difficult to get a lot between the cuts. The onions will char but the flavor goes right into the potatoes Serve with sour cream and bacon bits if you like
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 medium onions, peeled,sliced fairly thin,you need 24 slices
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces heavy aluminum foil (or double foil)
- 4 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
- Make 6 cuts across the potato but do not cut through.
- Place a slice of onion in each slit.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle on the garlic, salt& pepper.
- wrap tightly in the foil, seal all the joins.
- BBQ over medium heat for apprx 1 hour, turning occasionally, the time depends on the size of the potato.
- If you choose top with the sour cream and bacon bits.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I LOVED this recipe! I had issues with fitting the onion slices into the cuts, so I lay the onion slices flat in 2 layers of 3 each. Since I was making Sicilian Steak (Bistecca Alla Siciliana) as the main course, I placed a slice of prosciutto between each layer instead of using bacon bits. My compliments on a great recipe!Reply
I made these with smaller potatoes, cut only three sections, used a few squirts of spray butter right over the onions and they came out reallllly good! We just watched them on the grill and as soon as we could squish them a little with the tongs we took them off. I was so surprised at the flavor! The onion flavor was really infused into the potato. They were so flavorful we didn't even need the sour cream or bacon! We will be making these everytime we grill! Thanks Bergy!Reply