BBQ Pork Sandwich
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne
- 4 lbs shoulder pork roast
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle dry rub all over the pork roast, pressing into the pork. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the liquid ingredients and pour into a large Dutch oven; add the pork. Cover the dutch oven with aluminum foil then the lid. Roast for 4 hours or until the pork is fork tender and shreds easily. Brush the roast with cooking liquid every hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork or tongs.
- Serve on buns topped with BBQ sauce of your choice and cole slaw.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is out of this world good pulled pork!!! It makes the most tender, flavorful, moist, wonderful meat ever!!! I love the spice rub that Paula Deen used, it gave little hints of spice in the sandwich. The only thing that was hard was smelling the good smells for four hours and having to wait so long until the sandwich. I topped my sandwich with Paula's slaw too which goes perfectly with a BBQ pork sandwich (recipe#110717) This is well worth the time and effort, you will love this BBQ pork recipe!! I will use this again and again, thanks so much for posting!!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src="<a href=" alt="" />http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I am devoted wife and mom who loves to cook for my family and friends. My great passion is watching my daughter perform with her high school bands. She absolutely amazes me at her talent! As a board member of our local summer youth theater organization I get to work with so many talented teens from all over the area. These kids prove that not all teens are bad and lazy, they work hard all summer long to put on a quality show for the community and I'm proud to spend time with them. I use many of the cookie/dessert recipes here to prepare for show weekend to sale at the concession booth before and during intermission each evening. <br /><br />My all time pet peeves are people who talk through movies and people who chew with their mouths open. <br /><br />If I had a month off with no work to do...I would plan it for the fall so that I could travel to football games around the country.</p>