BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches
photo by Serah B.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 2 (20 ounce) cans jackfruit, in brine NOT IN SYRUP
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Drain and rinse jackfruit to remove salt and brine. Break up with fingers or a fork into strips.
- Caramelize onions in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add to crockpot with jackfruit, wine,and barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve on toasted buns.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an ethical vegan, atheist, wife and stay-at-home mother of a 7 year old DD and 1 year old DS. I have also been known to hug a tree from time to time, but I don't do it professionally. I love life, walk around in awe of the universe, and am always made happier by things that smell delicious. Like pumpkin pie spice. And turmeric. We've been vegan since Fall '08, and are just starting to feel like we know the tricks of the trade...and Recipezaar has certainly made the transition easier. Yey Recipezaar!