BBQ Chickpea & Cauliflower Flatbreads With Avocado Mash
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces small cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 flat bread or 4 pocketless pitas, toasted
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted pepitas
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Rinse and drain chickpeas; pat very dry with paper towels, discarding any loose skins. On large rimmed baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. .
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt; roast in 425 degree F oven for 30 minutes along with Chickpea "Nuts.".
- Toss roasted chickpeas in brown sugar, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Mash avocados with lemon juice and pinch salt; spread all over flatbreads. Top with roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and pepitas. Serve with drizzle of hot sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!