BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joes
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil over medium/high heat.
- Add the tomato paste and cumin and cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- Add the Worcestershire, barbecue sauce, tomatoes, water and chicken, mix well and bring to a bubble.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until mixture thickens.
- serve over warm hamburger buns.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the DC area and I love to cook. It is definitely my creative outlet. I like to start with a recipe tweak it to make it fabulous. I don't have a big family to cook for so I throw a lot of parties to try out new recipes, or just invite people over to eat. My friends are very willing guinea pigs. <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>