BBQ Caribbean Beef Kabobs
Now this is tasty! You can use the same marinade for chicken but make more marinade and reserve before you put the chicken in it, discard the marinade that you used on the chicken and use only the reserved marinade for basting, I like to serve these kabobs with BBQ'd veggie kabobs and potatoes done on the grill too (there will be other recipes for the veggies and BBQ Potatoes on Zaar)
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs beef, cut into 1 inch chunks (blade "or" rib steak "or" outside round etc)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, minced (Jalepeno "or" other hot pepper)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- Whisk the marinade ingredients to gether.
- Pour into a zip lock bag and add the meat.
- Marinade in the fridge from 8 to 24 hours, turning the bag every so often.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Thread the cubes on skewers.
- Grease your grill.
- Medium-High heat,baste occasionally.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes.
- The meat should be browned outside and still pink inside.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I was EXTREMELY disappointed with this recipe. It sounded so good. I could not wait to serve this to my family. Unfortunately I wasted top quality beef on this one. The flavor was so "blah". The lemon juice was overwhelming. The whole family had to spread BBQ sauce over it to eat it. I marinated it over night in hopes of getting the flavor throughout the meat. Very disappointed!!!
These beef kabobs are the best we have ever had!! The marinade is out of this world great! The combination of spices was perfect, they left the meat with such wonderful taste, and the ginger was just the right amount, it didn't over power the other spices as it some times does. The only thing I did differently was to use Denzel's chipotle hot sauce to make up for the lack of jalepeno, I was out of them. We enjoyed these so much and can't wait to finish them for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for a great one Bergy!!