BBQ Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips (your choice)
- Place beans, corn, peppers& onion in a large salad bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients (except chips)& bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover& simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and pour over bean mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle crushed chips on top of beans (garnish with jalapeno slices, if desired).
- Serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Can't believe I've been a member here for 18 years! It's changed a lot since the old RecipeZaar days and maybe or maybe not for the better. It used to be a community and now it's just a tool. Sad, but life goes on. I have been in Kentucky for 12 years now and enjoy the country lifestyle, along with master gardening. Recipes I've found here since Day One are still in my rotation. Don't entertain that much anymore, so finding new and exciting foods is no longer center stage. Just glad to have so many good recipes to fall back on because eating out is expensive and sometimes too far to drive.