BBQ Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
photo by eabeler
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package large button mushrooms
- 1 lb pepper bacon, room temperature, slices cut in 1/2
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Cut the stems off the mushrooms. Rinse briefly and dry them well with paper towels.
- Wrap each mushroom with the bacon strip halves (use two if the cap is not completely covered). The bacon will stick to the mushrooms so there is no need for toothpicks.
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, saute the bacon wrapped mushrooms until the bacon is golden brown. Just as the bacon begins to crisp up a bit, add the BBQ sauce and toss until coated. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif"> After growing up in central Wisconsin, I moved to California and spent my 20's and part of my 30's there. I've since moved to the east coast to a small village in Northern Virginia - a huge change! We moved here mainly so we could live in an area better suited to raising children and closer to family. Although it's an adjustment, we really love it here. My husband and I were married in Feb 2003 and had our first daughter, Kylie, in Aug 2004. Our second daughter, Katie, was just born in July 2006. I was an HR Director until I became Mom, and I wouldn't trade this job for anything in the world! I began cooking when I became a stay-at-home-mom, mostly out of necessity. We used to eat out for every meal...and I do mean EVERY meal. When our income was cut in half after my "early retirement", eating out was no longer an option. Therefore, if I was going to continue to eat all the delicious food I was accustomed to, I was going to have to...oh, the horror!!!...COOK IT MYSELF!!! I had grown up baking with my mom, but hadn't actually baked in years and had always left the cooking to her. To my utter surprise and delight (not to mention my husband's SHOCK and delight)...I loved it! Then, to find Recipezaar...well, it's become a much loved hobby and something I'll surely do for the rest of my life! <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w186.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w186.photobucket.com/albums/x187/kristybernardo/15590867.pbw" height="360" width="360"></embed><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/album/slideshow/wrapper_logo.gif" style="float:left;border-width: 0;" ></a><a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x187/kristybernardo/?action=view¤t=15590867.pbw" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/album/slideshow/wrapper_viewshow.gif" style="float:right;border-width: 0;" ></a><a href="http://photobucket.com/slideshow?action=landing" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/album/slideshow/wrapper_getyourown.gif" style="float:right;border-width: 0;" ></a>