Bayou Pork Chops
From 1001 low-fat Recipes. Very nice, tender pork chops. I like to cook my rice in chicken broth to give it a little more flavor.
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 pork loin chops, fat trimmed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook pork chops until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic to skillet; saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies; heat to bloiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add pork chops; simmer covered until pork chops are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more