Bayou Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
- Ready In:
- 1 bag success 10 minute boil-in-the-bag rice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package grilled chicken breast strips, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb low fat smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon salt-free creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté onions, bell pepper and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and sausage to skillet and sauté an additional 3 minutes. (If using raw chicken, make sure you cook it in a separate pan BEFORE you add it to the vegetables).
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Creole seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce and heat through.
- Add cooked rice to skillet, stir to mix.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The most defining trait in my life is that I am a mother to two wonderful boys (Tyler, 20 and Zayden, 9). I live in the little college town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. It is the most wonderful place to live as it's nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and along the beautiful Susquehanna River. Seeing that we live in Central Pennsylvania, our family is also a bunch of HARDCORE Penn State Nittany Lion fans! We are...PENN STATE! I was lucky enough to be given tickets to see Joe Paterno win his 400th game as the head coach of the football team. I cried like I did when my children were born. The other love of my life is cooking. I didn't really start trying to cook until I was 20, but believe me I have made up for lost time! I absolutely adore baking and I do it whenever I can. I love making Christmas cookies and I have begun hosting our extended families at our home for Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. So far so good. I love food.com because it allows me to expand my culinary skills and my recipe box with ideas from other people like me. There is something for everyone and I have been a loyal member since 2005. I hope you enjoy my recipes and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.