Bavarian Pork Loin
I combined ideas from several other recipes found on recipezaar for this roast. We serve with pumpernickel bread, dumplings and sauerkraut.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 5 lbs pork loin
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- garlic salt
- Layer the onions and apples in the bottom of a shallow roasting pan.
- (I use a large casserole dish) Drizzle two tablespoons of the honey along with 1 teaspoon of the caraway seeds on top of the layer of apple and onion.
- Mix together apple butter, remaining honey and dijon mustard and reserve.
- Sprinkle the entire roast with garlic salt and place on the apples and onions.
- Spread Apple butter mixture on top of the roast and sprikle with the remaining teaspoon of caraway.
- Cover and bake at 350 for approx.
- 3 hours or until internal temp of the pork is 160.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 9 more