- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk, plus
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Whisk the sugar, flour, and egg yolks together in a bowl.
- in a medium saucepan bring the milk to a boil.
- slowly stir 1/4 cup of the hot milk into the eggyolk mixture to temper the yolks and prevent curdling.
- stir the egg mixture into the milk and stir constantly until thickened and beginning to boil gently.
- Remove from heat.
- stir in the butter and vanilla and let cool.
- place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap to help prevent a skin from forming.
- put in the fridge until needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!