Bauernfrühstück-Farmers Breakfast Omelet
photo by Leslie
- Ready In:
- In a frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towel.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the frying pan, add the butter and saute' the onion until soft.
- Add the potatoes and brown lightly.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add the salt, pepper and milk, and finally the chopped bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onions and potatoes and stir occasionally until cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sooo Yummy!! I kind of combined this recipe with a Paula Deen Egg recipe I found. I used some frozen diced potatoes with peppers and some crumbled bacon. To the eggs I added a dash of milk and dallop of sour cream. (I was supposed to add cheese once they cooked, but I forgot.) Even though I whisked the sour cream into the eggs, it still held together (kind of) and I could taste little bits of sour cream which was really good with the potatoes. One of my favorite parts was the lack of dishes I had to do when we were done!! I just wish I had made more, because there were no leftovers.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #ff0000;><strong><span style=color: #800080;>I run a food blog named </span><span style=color: #000080;>www.fromcupcakestocaviar. com</span></strong></span></p> 8755397"