Battery Creek Chicken
The recipe was in the 1969 Garden Club Cookbook Casseroles including breads. It was submitted by Mrs. Pilma Golliheigh, President of the Mossy Oaks Garden Club in Beaufort, SC. I think it is also good with thighs. I use fresh mushrooms.
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 4 ounces noodles, dry
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Roll chicken in seasoned flour and brown in butter.
- Add onion, chicken broth, lemon juice and mushrooms.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add noodles, cover and cook until noodles are done. Most liquid should be absorbed.
- Fold in sour cream and sprinkle with paprika.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Made as written and it came out great. I used b/s chicken breasts (next time will use b/s thighs which we prefer) and seasoned the flour with garlic salt and pepper. Used egg noodles and the cooking time was good; the chicken was still moist and juice at the same time the noodles were done. Made for PAC Fall 2011.