Basque Tomato Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A beautiful tomato 3auce good for many dishes. Posted for ZWT 5.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 cups peeled and diced yellow onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups cored cored seeded and diced green bell peppers
- 3 cups diced very ripe tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, Mexican style, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 5 cups beef stock (or use canned)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a 6-quart saucepot saute the garlic, onion, and green pepper in the oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, pureed chilies, and parsley and simmer until very tender.
- Add Beef Stock. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Uncover and simmer 1 hour more to reduce and thicken the sauce. Stir occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a VERY GOOD sauce ~ I made it in the crockpot as I was pressed for time and simmered it on low for half the day while at work. Loved how the tomatoes cooked down and the garlic, green chilies, and green peppers gave this sauce just the right flavor. I served it over vegetable pasta with white beans. Very good, and so easy in the crock ~ a definite keeper for my family. Thanks Jamilah! Made for ZWT5 ~ SPAIN.Reply