Basque Style Paella
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄3 cup cooking sherry
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄3 cup Spanish olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1/2 inch long strips
- 2 cups clam broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb tomatoes, ripe, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 dozen clam
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive
- Place chicken breasts, skin side up, in greased 13x9x2” baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with coriander, cover with foil and bake at 350*F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with sherry and bake 20 minutes longer, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- Cook garlic, onion, and rice in hot olive oil in large skillet until golden.
- Add green pepper, broth, tomatoes, salt and sugar. Cover and simmer gently for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, shrimp, clams, cayenne, and olives. Cover and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until clams pop open and liquid is absorbed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!