- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 small red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red new mexico chile powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and saute until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer gently until thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- This will keep in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!