- Pick the rice over and put in a bowl.
- Wash in several changes of water.
- Pour 3 times the water you have rice over the rice and let soak for 30 minutes hour.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Combine the rice, salt, butter and the water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat to very low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Lift the lid, mix gently but quickly with a fork and cover again.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #ff00ff;><strong><img title=Cool src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif border=0 alt=Cool /> <span style=color: #000000;>Hi! Im Angela and I am 32. I have a brilliant and beautiful 11 yr old son. He is the best thing that ever happened to me! </span></strong></span></p>