Basketball Popcorn Balls from Abc's the View
No bake recipe for kid's dessert.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows (6 cups)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1⁄2 ounce black decorating gel
- Microwave butter and marshmallows in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 1 + to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. (As an alternative, you can use the stove top as long as there is close supervision!).
- Stir in gelatin until well mixed.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popped popcorn and candy corns in a large bowl.
- Mix lightly until well coated.
- Shape into about 15 balls, or other shapes, with greased/buttered hands.
- If not serving immediately, wrap each ball individually in plastic wrap after they have completely cooled.
- Make lines on orange balls like a basketball, and serve on a "fake" court with hoop.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION