Basil Lime Honey Ginger Grilled Chicken
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl mixing together, add chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Remove chicken from marinade shaking of excess; place the marinade in a small pot and bring to a boil then simmer stirring often.
- Meanwhile place chicken on hot grill and grill for 3-5 on each side.
- Remove chicken when 165° to 170°F cook until juices run clear. Sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Mix 1/2 the heated sauce into the rice.
- Plate chicken on some sauce serve with sliced fanned out mango, rice and a veggie of choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Since the honey lime dressing was not available at the grocery store, I had to use a substitute. The grocery store also lacked fresh basil, but I found a basil lime vinagerette dressing and just added some honey for the marinade. It worked well and the dish had a "different but good" taste as my friend described it, and is an excellent lighter summer dish.