Basic Vanilla Muffins for Dinner (Not Sweet!)
Good at dinner especially when served with highly spiced or flavorful main dishes. Similar in taste to a popover or cornbread minus the cornmeal. As one review has mentioned, these are *not* a sweet muffin. I usually serve them at dinner.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted (light butter works fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Grease muffin pans and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt until completely mixed. Place the sugar, eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well. Add the combined dry ingredients and mix by hand just until the batter is blended; it should not be completely smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the pans and serve warm.