Basic Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Soup.
- Ready In:
- 1 kg sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 8 cups stock or 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, I use a fair bit
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat and add onion and garlic.
- Cook 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and slightly caramelized.
- Add stock, sweet potato, 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Simmer the soup for about 30-40 minutes, until the lentils and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Puree the soup, I usually just use a potato masher. But you could use one of those 'stick' blenders.
- If it seems too thick after blending, add another cup of stock or water and stir well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!