Basic Pavlova With Fruit Salad Topping
- Ready In:
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 250 g strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwi fruits, sliced
- 2 passion fruit
- Preaheat oven to 300F.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and mark a 20 cm circle on it.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl and using electric mixer, beat till white peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating constantly after each addition. Beat 5-10 mins or until the mixture is glossy and the sugar has dissolved.
- Fold in the cornflour and vinegar.
- Spread meringue onto marked circle. shape evenly, running a flat-bladed knife around the edge and over the top.
- Run the knife up the edges, making furrows. This strengthens the pavlova and gives it a nice finish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until pale and crisp.
- Turn off oven and cool pavlova in oven with door ajar.
- Top with whipped cream and arrange fruit decoratively.
- Drizzle with passionfruit pulp. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">