Basic Family Reunion Coleslaw
Yep, this is the real stuff that your Great Aunt Martha made for her covered dish at the annual family reunion down at the old home place. No frills but wonderful cole slaw. This is the recipe that I exclusively use on pork barbeque sandwiches too. This cole slaw is NOT "milky-runny," even though it is mayonnaise-based. The original recipe comes from Art Ginsberg ("Mr. Food").
- Ready In:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise (don't use Miracle Whip!), lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Add cabbage, carrots and green bell pepper. Toss and refrigerate.
- Will keep for three days or more.