Basic (Cream Cheese) Cheesecake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a basic (not overly sweet) cream cheese cheesecake recipe. "cooking time" includes the separate baking time for the crust.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 33mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese (five 8-ounce packages)
- 1 1⁄4 - 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and lemon zest, and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Pat dough evenly over the entire bottom of pan.
- Bake bottom crust at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely before greasing sides of pan.
- Note: All ingredients MUST be at room temperature!
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together on lowest speed until well blended, scrape sides of bowl.
- Add flour and salt, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
- Scrape bowl, then add 2 egg yolks.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and heavy cream, stir to mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a preheated 500°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Turn oven temperature down to 350°F and continue baking for one hour.
- Remove from oven and cool cake completely before removing the sides of pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (at least 4 hours).
- Note: I have never used a water bath with this recipe and have never had the cheesecake crack. Overbeating the filling and overbaking the cake is what will cause cracks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
this turned out wounderful and it realy helped me when i was in a bind and once again thanks so much Dee. the only thing i changed since i didn't have any was the heavy cream i used my coffee creamer lol but it worked out great so it must have been a blessing in disguise for my daughter to have lost my car keys that nightReply