- Ready In:
For the cookies
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups quick oats
- chopped nuts (optional)
For the topping
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9- inch square pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup together.
- Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well and stir in the oats.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- To Make Topping.
- In the top half of a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together. Stir in 2/3 cup of the peanut butter and the chopped nuts. Stir over medium heat until well blended.
- Spread the topping over the bars while they are still warm. Sprinkle with additional chopped nuts, if desired.
- Let cool, then chill.
- Cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!