MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 25hrs 30mins
- 1 kg mixed fruit
- 2 cups unsweetened orange juice
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place mixed fruit and orange juice in a bowl and leave to soak over night or longer if needed.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Once the orange juice has soaked in, add the self raising flour, spices and vanilla essence.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Line a medium cake tin with baking paper and spoon in the mixture. Level out the top and place in the oven for 1.5 hrs, or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on cake cooler.
- I cut my cake up into 10 rows of 4 slices. I put 4 slices together in plastic sandwich bags and freeze so I only need to take out a few slices at a time.
- Is yummy with custard poured over for a dessert too.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation