Barley Risotto With Caramelized Leeks and Mushrooms
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cooking Light. December 2003.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped leeks (about 3 large)
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek; cook 20 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add barley, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION