Barley Risotto With Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb thin asparagus, tough ends trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (or 1/4 t. dried)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups hot vegetable broth (or more)
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add in the asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the barley and stir to coat with oil.
- Add the thyme and wine and stir gently until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring until liquid is absorbed before each addition.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; simmer, stirring frequently, until creamy; serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!