Barley, Ginkgo Nut & Quail Egg Dessert
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A Chinese dessert, good for cooling the body. Sweet & refreshing when served cold.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 3 -4 cups water
- 3 pandan leaves, tied in a knot
- 100 g barley
- 150 g winter melon, sugar strips
- 50 g dried bean sticks, soaked (fu chok)
- 100 g ginkgo nuts
- rock sugar, to taste
- 10 quail eggs, hard-boiled & shelled
- 1. In a pot, bring water & pandan leaves to boil.
- 2. Add other ingredients, except rock sugar & quail eggs. Bring to boil & lower fire to simmer for 1 1/2hrs until barley softens.
- 3. Add rock sugar & eggs and cook for 3 mins or until rock sugar dissolves.
- Serve hot or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION