Barefoot Contessa's Linguine With Shrimp Scampi
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16 shrimp)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily!
- Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot.
- Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher who is near the end of my career. I have many craft interests and have just added cooking to my list. Since I like to keep a check on what DH eats I usually try to follow the WW diet and just love their cookbooks. Recipezaar has become the answer to my many cookbooks and recipes I gather and just can't seem to get organized. MMMMM maybe in retirement. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">