Barefoot Contessa Garlic Sauce for Meatloaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from her Foolproof cookbook, from the 1770 House in East Hampton NY
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup spitiko olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 3 tablespoons kerry irish gold unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Combine the oil and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will be bitter.
- Remove the garlic from the oil and set aside (save the oil for vinaigrettes).
- Combine the chicken stock, butter and cooked garlic in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil Lower the heat and cook at a full boil for 35-40 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Mash the garlic with a fork, whisk in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and taste for seasonings.
- Spoon the sauce over a meatloaf (1770s is sautéing 1 large Spanish onion in olive oil with 1-1/2 cup finely diced celery; the meat is 1 lb each of ground beef with ground veal with ground pork; parsley, thyme, chives; 3 beaten eggs with 2/3 cup whole milk and 2-1/2 cups panko).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION