Barbecued Stuffed Lake Trout
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
What a feast ths is!! Another great recipe from "Licence to Grill".
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 fresh trout, scaled and inner parts removed (3/4 lb. each)
- salt and pepper
- Soak toothpicks in water for one hour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft. Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- Add egg and 2 tablespoons parsley, anchovy paste, rosemary and thyme. Mix in breadcrumbs until well combined. Season the stuffing with pepper to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, make 1/2 inch diagonal cuts through the skin on each side of fish.
- Season the cavities of each fish with salt and pepper. Spoon the stuffing in to the cavity of each fish being careful not to pack too tightly. Using soaked toothpicks, close cavity.
- Preheat grill to 375°F.
- Brush grill liberally with oil. Brush the trout all over with 1 tablespoons oil. Season the skin with salt. Place the whole trout on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Using metal spatula, transfer fish to platter. Remove toothpicks, and sprinkle with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION