Barbecued Spareribs With Tomato-Honey Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious spareribs roasted in the oven with a BBQ tomato honey flavor. From Pol Martin Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs pork spareribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 5 1⁄2 ounces tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock, heated
- salt and pepper
- heat olive oil in saute pan over med heat, add onion adn garlic, cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- add cider vinegar increase heat to high and cook 3 minutes.
- mix tomato paste, honey, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce and beef stock, cook for 12 minutes over med heat.
- pour sauce over spareribs and marinate for 15 minutes.
- preheat oven to 375*F.
- arrange spareribs with fat side up in large ovenproof frying pan. baste generously with marinade and season. cook for 1 hour in oven.
- baste pork every 10 minutes with marinade. if sauce begins sticking to pan during cooking, add a little water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION