Barbecued Shrimp Scampi
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 grated lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄3 cup diced and seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- kosher salt fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup molasses barbecue sauce
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp, onion, and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes. The shrimp will start to plump up a bit.
- Add the wine, lemon zest and juice, and 4 tbsp more butter. Reduce heat and gently saute the shrimp until the sauce thickens. If sauce is too thin add 1-2 tablespoons more butter.
- Add the tomatoes and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the barbecue sauce and toss well. To serve, remove shrimp from the pan and place on plates. Drizzle sauce over shrimp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note