- Ready In:
- 60 ml honey (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 6 nectarines, halved and stoned
- Heat a barbecue grill or hot coals to high heat.
- Place honey, orange juice and rind in a small bowl and mix well. Brush over nectarines. Cook nectarines on barbecue for 3 minutes, turning frequently, until softened and starting to brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, place remaining honey mixture in a small saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes. Spoon over nectarines and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had a bunch of nectarines from my grandma's tree and decided to try this. It turned out really well, very tasty. Grilling gave the nectarines a great flavor. I didn't have icecream on hand, but I whisked the leftover reduced honey/orange juice syrup into plain yogurt and put that on top of the fruit. The yogurt had a great tangy sweetness that really complimented the grilled fruit. Thanks for the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an American living in London since I got married in 1994 (except for a brief stint in New Jersey, and then Luxembourg). I work part-time for a national charity and also study social sciences part-time with the Open University. Keeps me busy, but I still find plenty of time to cook and search for 'zaar recipes! Over time my cooking has meshed English and American customs together, especially at holiday time. I make a mean Christmas fruitcake complete with Fondant Icing and marzipan, but I still have a Christmas cookie party for my friends where I introduce (or subject!) them to all my favorite cookie recipes. My husband and two kids will happily eat Shepherd's Pie or Sloppy Joes, cheese and onion or grilled cheese sandwiches. The comparisons go on and on...