- Ready In:
- Cut the halibut fillets into strips, about 1" x 2". This is easier if the fish is slightly frozen.
- Mix the oil, the garlic powder, the garlic, and the salt in a bowl. Add the halibut and toss to coat. Let marinate for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put bread crumbs in one bowl; the parmesan cheese in another bowl.
- Roll the halibut in the bread crumbs, then in the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees, approximately 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sooo delicious, Chris. I had some of the marinade, bread crumbs and parmesan left so I sprinkled all of them on top of the pieces before popping the pan in the oven. Delectable little morsels. I want to caution others that this is easily overcooked while waiting for that elusive golden finish. Get the fish properly cooked and don't worry too much about the color of the breading.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a Yankee transplant to the low country. My mom was English, so my cooking style reflects this. My favorite cookbook was McCall's Cookbook which is no longer in print. I've been married to a gourmand for 41 years, so I get lots of practice cooking. We have three daughters that I share recipes with and seven grandchildren -- none old enough to cook yet, but I think we have some budding chefs!</p>