Barbecued Greek Lamb
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious outdoor cooking recipe for the BBQ, so invite some friends around! Serve with plenty of tzatziki, Greek bread, Recipe #72418 and Recipe #72411.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 lemons
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 (1 1/4 kg) boneless leg of lamb
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Finely grate the rind off all 3 lemons, then juice the lemons.
- Combine oil, lemon rind and juice, garlic, oregano, nutmeg and salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Using a sharp knife butterfly the lamb legs so they open out flat.
- Place lamb into ceramic dishes and pour the marinade evenly over each piece, rub the marinade all over the lamb.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the meat from the marinade, keep the marinade.
- Preheat a greased BBQ to high heat.
- Add both the lamb legs and cook each side 3 minutes to seal.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover BBQ with the hood or a large roasting pan if your BBQ doesn't have a hood.
- Cook for 20 minutes each side for medium done.
- Baste with marinade every 10 minutes.
- Remove lamb from the heat and cover to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with plenty of tzatziki, Greek bread, Barbecued spring vegetables (Recipe #72418) and Feta Roast Potatoes (Recipe #72411).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION