photo by Hey Jude
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped yellow onions (1 large onion and the food processor works well here)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (4 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan on low heat, saute the onions and garlic with the vegetable oil for 10 to 15 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a low boil.
- Simmer uncovered on low heat for 30 minutes. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!