Barbecue Potatoes (Oven or Grill)
These potatoes have a ton of flavor, you can even make these on an outdoor grill in a large heavy foil pan covered with a sheet of foil or wrap the potatoes in a sheet of heavy foil, have done that many times in the summer season--- all seasonings may be adjusted to taste.
- Ready In:
- 8 large red potatoes (about 5 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- black pepper (optional)
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together all spices with the oil in a large bowl.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters, then place in the bowl; toss to coat with oil/spice mixture.
- Place the potatoes on a lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes,or until potatoes are fork-tender tossing occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Kittencal, you are a household name at our house near Washington DC. ;) I often precede my meal presentation with "And this is another meal from who, folks?" And "Kittencal!" is piped through the house. This recipe is yet another that lives up to the bearer's name. The potatoes are amazingly flavorful, and are deceivingly easy to make.<br/><br/>You are a Queen among cooks. :)Reply