Barbecue /Bbq Mushroom and Green Bean Salad
This salad serves 8 as a side dish & is delish! It tastes of earthy goodness. The photo you see is of half the recipe + extra spinach. I prepared the mushrooms in a frying pan for convenience' sake and served the salad with a baked potato. Next time, I think we'll add some garlic to the marinade.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 600 g button mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 250 g green beans, ends trimmed
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g baby spinach leaves (or rocket)
- 60 g parmesan cheese, shaved
- Combine oil, lemon juice, caster sugar, thyme leaves and salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Set aside 2 tblsp dressing to add later.
- Add mushrooms to the large bowl and stir gently to combine, then cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes, until bright green.
- Drain and refresh in cold water, allow to drain & come to room temp, and cut into thirds.
- Preheat barbecue plate on high.
- Cook the mushrooms, turning occasionally for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from bbq plate and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine beans, tomatoes, spinach (or rocket) and parmesan in a large bowl.
- Add the reserved dressing, mushrooms, salt and pepper and toss to combine.