Barbara Bush's Oatmeal Chip Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe was in one of the Toronto newspapers a few years back. They had a lot of celebrity recipes published but this one appealed to me.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Blend butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture.
- Stir in oats, vanilla and chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- This recipe makes about 6 dozen cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It's they holiday season, and I decided to make a batch for my office. I omitted the coconut flakes (personal preference) and substituted the pecans for raisins. Office member has nut allergies. Everything else I followed as instructed and they came out great! They were very moist and soft! My office ate these in a single day. Thank you for sharing!Reply
see 21 more