Banket (Almond Roll)
- Ready In:
- In large bowl, cut cold butter into flour until the mixture has a crumb-like texture. Make a well in the center, add cold water. Mix together until the mixture forms a ball. Don't overmix! Chill dough.
- Preheat ovem to 450 degrees. Grease cookie sheets (2).
- In a medium bowl, blend together almond paste, eggs, sugar, almond extract and salt.
- Divide dough in 4 parts, and roll into 15" strips. Place filling along the center of each long strip of dough. Roll up, and pinch the ends to seal.
- Place strips 2" apart on cookie sheets. Brush with egg white, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into slices when cooled a little, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!