Banh Mi-Style Chicken Sandwich
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 4 (8 inch) French baguettes, split
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thai hot sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 1 -2 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced
- mint leaf
- cilantro leaf
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- To make sandwiches, spread both sides of the baguettes with mayonnasise and hot sauce (sriracha).
- Arrange chicken over bottom halves and sprinkle with chili sauce.
- Add jalapenos, cucumber slices and herbs and then drizzle with more sauce.
- Toss lettuce and carrots with vinegar and then add to the sandwiches, topping with more chili sauce, if desired.
- Add top halves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This sandwich recipe has way more 'hot' than we like, so I cut back on the hot sauce, the chili sauce AND the jalapeno, possibly changing the entire intent of the recipe, BUT we still had a nice lunch nevertheless! I used shredded chicken breast that I had on hand in the freezer, & that worked very well! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>