Banana Split Breakfast Bowl (Oatmeal) Hungry Girl
I got this in an email from Hungry Girl, definitely one to try soon when the mornings are a bit cooler. Bein g an Aussie, I'm not really sure what reddi whip is so I will use yoghurt or cream in a can
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons light vanilla soymilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free strawberry jam
- 1⁄2 banana, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fat, free reddi-wip
- 1 teaspoon semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine oats and salt with 2/3 cup water. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in soymilk, and microwave for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in preserves, and then top with banana, Reddi-wip, and chocolate chips.
- Eat up!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh yum, an oatmeal sundae. I doubled the recipe or so I thought and ended up making enough oatmeal for 4 so we were able to enjoy this 2 mornings in a row. I used a strawberry no sugar all fruit spread and 1/4 banana per serving. Not having the mini-chocolate chips, I chopped regular chips and sprinkled over the top. A delicious and filling breakfast treat. Made for *Comfort Cafe*