Banana South Seas Ground Beef
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef, lean
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups apples, pared and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste with twice or three times as much)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped (stems only ok)
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- Cook the meat and onion in a large skillet until the onion is tender and meat browned. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in celery, apple and curry powder. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except bananas and rice, heat to boiling.
- Reduce to simmer uncovered about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bananas, cover and cook over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- I like to add green veggie to it and top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.