Banana Pumpkin Whole Wheat Muffins (No Sugar Added)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half or 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon stevia plus (mixed in applesauce)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened carob chips or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half (use if adding milled flax seed) or 1 tablespoon milk (use if adding milled flax seed)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients throughly. (First nine ingredients listed, flour, whey protein, baking powder, baking soda, salt, wheat germ, spices, and flax seed.).
- In a separate bowl combine apple sauce and stevia powder throughly. I use Stevia Plus brand, which is stevia extract mixed with F.O.S. Each brand varies in amount of sweetness. Start with 1/8 and possibly work up to 1/4 t if needed. Too much will cause a bitter taste, so be careful!
- Add the beaten eggs, oil, half and half, pumpkin, mashed bananas, honey, and vanilla to the apple sauce and blend with a mixer, until smooth and even consistency is reached.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix just until blended. Mix in carob or chocolate chips. Do not over mix or muffins will be dry.
- Place in 18-24 greased muffin cups (I use olive oil spray.) Amount of muffins vary depending on the size of muffins you want. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. All ovens vary. Use a tooth pick to test. If the toothpick comes out clean they are done. Do not over cook!
- Cool and enjoy! (I eat them hot out of the oven, just don't burn yourself!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 23, married and have an 8 year old step daughter. I love children. I am the assistant program coordinator for the best after school program. I am always up for games and fun. I love walking, bike riding, hiking, camping, dodge ball, rock climbing, and COOKING. I am hypoglycemic and looooove sweets and things that taste good. I am always playing with recipes trying to make them better!