Banana Peppers ala Dave
A heaping spoonfull beside a hot steak or pork chops is all you need.Lasts about 2 weeks. ;-)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 14 -15 seeded and chopped banana peppers
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (to kill acid of tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oil in deep fry pan.
- Add peppers and cook for 10-15 minutes .
- Add tomatoes,onions,garlic,balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes .
- Add butter and heat till thick.
- Cool and put in preserve jar.
- Refrigerate till needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh, MY! I followed as closely as I could with two exceptions.... didn't have enough banana peppers so used an ancho and a jalapeno. Also, used Muir Glen fire-roasted diced tomatoes and about a cup or two of the many cherry tomatoes that are overwhelming me right now.... This is incredible alone, I cannot wait to try it on fish, poultry, .... everything! I'm going to attempt to freeze, too! Thanks, Dave!
The flavor is great however having a lot of peppers in the garden I added 3 Jalapeno peppers. Used fresh Cherry tomatoes and 1/2 cup of tomatoe juice. It was so easy using my mini chopper to chop the peppers and the onions.. I poured it boiling hot into a sterilized jar and it sealed. I got just over 1 pint. Will be wonderful on my Saturday night burger and also as Pasta sauce. A great condiment. I love to use some of those peppers creatively Thanks Dave. I hope you think the photos do the recipe justice